Sheep Cookie Tutorial

I had a couple people comment and email me about the steps in making the sheep. It is very easy. And I will show you how!

First, have black and white royal icing ready. In bags or squeeze bottles with a #2 tip.


So have your cut, baked, and cooled cookie sheep shape. Any sheep shape will do!

Pipe the face and legs in black royal icing first. If you are in a rush, like me, you can pipe some bubbles too, just don't touch the black. The bubbles shouldn't be perfectly round. 


Let that dry overnight, or at least 16 hours. Black tends to bleed a lot. If you see any holes/craters in the dried icing, like the picture above, not to worry. We will fill those in now.


See, all the craters are covered up with the new set of bubble icing. Allow to dry for 1 hour.


Then pipe even more bubbles. Repeat. Being careful not to have two wet bubbles touch. Allow to dry for 1 hour.


Finally, after 4 or 5 bubble piping sessions, your sheep should be covered completely. Allow to dry for 1 hour again.


Then pipe on an eye. And a cute ribbon if you desire.


I hoped this tutorial has helped you.


The sheeps are baked on chocolate sugar cookies. The recipe can be found here.












2 comments :

Conniesua said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
March 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Thank you, I will send you a photo to tell you about my sheep. Hugs,

cm1980 said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
February 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM

thanks. this was very helpful. i have been trying to do some sheep cookies and they don't look that cute. I think this would work out great. Just need to be patient. I want to get it all done with a couple of hours.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...