Easter Basket Cookies

I know I said I would try to make a 3D Easter basket made of cookies. But I'm so busy this week. I opted to make flat baskets. They are still cute, and probably easier to eat. Maybe next year I will make the 3D baskets! =]


I made the roses/daisy flowers last month from all the extra royal icing I had leftover. I also made the mini rabbits/bunnies that are in the baskets last month too. I knew I was going to use them for Easter, I just wasn't sure how. I decided to stick them in these baskets. I have tons of flowers and bunnies royal icing transfers left over. I guess I could use them for a baby shower?


As usual, I try to come up with different designs for cookies. I dislike making the exact same cookie over and over, unless it's for a customer's order. So I came up with 4 different baskets, and filled them with 4 different designs.


 I hope these cookies inspire you to make cute baskets this Easter too!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tps instant expresso/coffee powder
1/2 tps salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temp.
1 tps vanilla extract

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In your mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
4. With the mixer on low, add in the flour mixture. Mix well.
5. Refrigerate until firm. 2 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350F.
7. Roll cookies and cut. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Cool before decorating.


For more Easter ideas, go here (Stamped Easter Cookies). Or here (Sheep Cookies).



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...