By Gwen on |
I have to admit, this is the best chocolate cupcake recipe I've ever eaten or made. It is beyond moist, and kind of dissolves on your tongue. I've been keeping this recipe a secret for over a year, and finally decided to share it today. Because my blog's birthday is tomorrow! It's been a good 2 years sharing my recipes and secrets with you! Do enjoy!
This recipe makes about 18 standard size cupcakes. I actually made mini cupcakes this time, and got about 60. So decide what your goal quantity is. This recipe is extremely easy to make. =]
The batter in this recipe is beyond runny. It's like soupy. That's the only thing I dislike about it. If you're not careful, it could make a mess on your cupcake pans. There's my warning.
1 3/4 cup flour, all purpose or cake
2 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tps baking soda
1 tps baking powder
1 tps salt
1 cup strong coffee (1 cup hot water with 2 tps instant coffee)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 Tbs coffee liquor, optional
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Combine all the dry ingredients. Sift it through a sleeve into a mixing bowl.
2. Add all the wet ingredients into the bowl.
3. Using a paddle attachment, mix for 2 minutes on medium.
3. For standard cupcakes, fill 2/3 full and bake for 15-18 minutes. For mini cupcakes, fill half full and bake for 10-12 minutes.
4. Let cool. Pipe chocolate ganache into the cupcakes (optional)
5. Swirl buttercream on top. Top with shredded Reeses peanut butter cups candy.
I swear you will never make another chocolate cupcake recipe after tasting this one.
Now for the buttercream. My favorite is a swiss meringue. It's not overly sweet, and melts in your mouth. Yummy! You can use your favorite swiss meringue buttercream, and add creamy peanut butter into it, to taste. I usually add 2 heaping spoon fulls. I use this recipe for my buttercream, half it for this recipe.