Salted Caramel Popcorn

I love caramel popcorn. It's one of my favorite snacks. I've been on a diet lately, and my husband won't let me buy any at the grocery store. Little does he know, I would make them at home. I must admit, these are more delicious than the grocery stuff, and so easy to make!

I foresee the end to my diet. =[


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tps salt
1/4 tps baking soda
1/2 tps vanilla extract
10 cups popped popcorn


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 250 F.

Place all the popcorn in a large bowl. I popped two bags of light butter popcorn in the microwave.

In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Then stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, stirring to make sure everything is combined. Let boil for 4 minutes without stirring.

Remove from heat, add in baking soda, and vanilla extract. Being careful, the vanilla extract can sizzle.

Pour the caramel over the popcorn. Stir to coat evenly. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Mixing while it cools to break up the pieces. Enjoy. 

Store in air tight containers.


I can't stop eating these. I doubled the vanilla extract, so it smells and tastes extra delicious. So crunchy and sweet. Bake less if you want less crunch. Hide them from your kids or husband if you want to eat all of it. =]




1 comments :

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
December 2, 2018 at 10:56 AM

amazinggggggg! thank you

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...