By Gwen on |
I love carrot cake. I also love cream cheese frosting. Good thing that these two things were made for each other. My husband is not fond of carrot cake, so nobody is helping me devour these yummy carrot cupcakes. I made them into cupcakes so that I can give them away. I knew ahead my husband wouldn't eat them. He's missing out!
These carrot cupcakes are moist and delicious beyond imagine. They have toasted walnuts, sweetened shredded coconut and currants in them. The currants give them a yummy chewy tangy bite when you get one. It's yummy.
This recipe can make 1 small 7-8 inch round cake or 18-20 cupcakes. This recipe is really easy too!
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tps baking soda
1 tps baking powder
1 tps ground cinnamon
1/2 tps all-spice, optional
1/2 tps salt
2 large eggs, room temp.
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup (8 oz) shredded carrot
1/2 cup currants
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups of cream cheese frosting
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Beat eggs with sugar until pale. 2 minutes. Add oil, and mix until combined.
3. Add in dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Add in carrots, currants, walnuts, and coconut. Mix well.
5. For cupcakes, fill 2/3 full and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. For 7/8 inch cake, bake for 40 minutes.
Top with cream cheese frosting on your choice!