Heath Peanut Butter Cookies

My husband's favorite topping on ice cream is a mixture of chocolate brownie and the heath candy bar. I was grocery shopping one day, when I spotted a bag of heath bar bits. Basically, a heath bar...already smashed into tiny bits. I bought it without a second thought. My husband is sure to like anything I make with these.

Then...a couple days later. The heath peanut butter cookie came into our lives. My husband loves it!



The toffee bits in the cookie give the cookie a yummy sweet crunch. It's a soft cookie, something he also loves.

The only annoying thing about the cookies, is topping it with heath bits before baking it. I find that the bits melted between my fingers. A messy job, but totally worth it.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup of your favorite peanut butter
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3 Tbs milk
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tps baking soda
3/4 tps salt
1 1/3 cup (8 oz) heath bar bits, divided

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Beat shortening with peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla until blended.
3. Add egg, beat until blended.
4. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until blended.
5. Stir in 1 cup of the heath toffee bits.
6. Drop teaspoon full onto a baking sheet. Top with some more heath bits.
7. Bake 8 minutes. Do not over bake.
8. Cool on a rack. Makes 3 dozen cookies.






0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...