Teabag Cookies

So, as you all know (or will know). I will be getting married in August, and I need a bridal shower! This weekend is that perfect time to squeeze in the bridal shower. The theme of my shower is... Hello Kitty Tea Party. =]

I love hello kitty, and I love tea parties. What better excuse to make and bake cute desserts? I started on the teabag cookies today, to make sure I had time for the other desserts to come this weekend. Aren't they just cute?


They are actually quite easy to make. First, you will need your favorite rolled sugar cookie recipe. I used this one, but baked at a different temperature:




Then you will need to cut out a tea bag template out of parchment paper. Manually cut out each cookie with a knife or bench scraper outlining the template over the rolled dough. I used a #10 round piping tip to cut a hole for the string in each cookie.

Bake for 7-9 mins at 350.

Once the cookies cool, dip 1/3 of the bottom on the cookie in chocolate. Allow to dry on parchment paper.



Make the cute tea bag strings, I used hello kitty, since it is a hello kitty tea party!


I'm excited to show you the rest of the desserts and party favors for the tea party in the following days! I sewed each guests a hello kitty purse, filled with lovely loot. =]


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...