Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes

I had a small birthday party this past Saturday. I was planning to make cupcakes instead of a cake for over a month now. I just didn't know what flavor to make. The horror.

So I decided to make something I'd like to eat the night before the party - cinnamon rolls. So I came up with a cinnamon roll cupcake. The guests loved it! They even took some home. 


I also made tons of other foods. I made mini New York style cheesecakes with a raspberry sauce, chocolate dipped pretzels, mini donuts, caramel popcorns, red velvet cake pops...and oh yes - savory foods too. Which included bruschetta, chipotle shrimp wonton cups, buffalo wings, and mini pretzel dogs. The beverage of choice was raspberry lemonade. 

 Of course, in the picture below, some guests have already eaten some foods before I could shoot a picture. Oh wells.


The cupcakes are actually quite easy to make. I'm sure you and your family will love them too!

CUPCAKES:
Basic Yellow Cake Recipe -> FOUND HERE Or use Yellow Cake Mix
1 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 24 cupcake pans with liners.

Prepare the basic yellow cake batter. Use the recipe above or store bought cake mix.
Fill each cupcake liner 1/4 full with batter. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon mixture all over the cupcake batter. 

Fill each cupcake liner again until 2/3 full, but no more. Sprinkle another teaspoon of cinnamon sugar. Using a toothpick, swirl the cinnamon sugar all over the cupcake.

Bake for 15 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack.

FROSTING:
8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of powdered sugar

In the bowl of a mixer, using paddle attachment, cream butter with sugar until fluffy. Add cream cheese and vanilla. Beat until combined, about 2 minutes. Frost cupcakes.

GLAZE:
1 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with sugar and cinnamon until combined and pourable, but not boiled. Let cool for a minute and drizzle over frosted cupcakes.

I hope you enjoy these cupcakes as much as my guests did.







7 comments :

Rachel @ Bakerita said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
May 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM

This looks amazing! What an ingenious idea. Can't wait to try it!
-Rachel @ Bakerita.com

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
May 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM

These look delicious. Such an original idea!!

Winnie said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
May 8, 2012 at 7:17 AM

These cupcakes are just beautiful!!

Monica-FC said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
May 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I just found your blog when i was surfing for a recipe. I was just going thru your blog and am so amazed by the many things your tried. I will have to try your cream puffs reipe as my husband was asking about them. do you have any for doughnuts?? thanks.

Gwen said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
May 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Hi Monica, I actually haven't tried making doughnuts yet. It's on my to try list. =] I'm glad you like my blog!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
February 3, 2015 at 1:36 AM

Wow!...Its really nice...I had tried this last week and seems to be awesome...last week I had an attempt on Carrot cupcake..saw the recipes from the http://www.clubnoor.com/en/recipe/carrot-cupcake website....

Jenn said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
June 10, 2016 at 5:45 AM

That is a great recipe! It look delicious and beautiful. Thanks for your sharing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...