Cake Pops Tips and Tricks

My fiance invited me to his co-workers house the other night to play tons of boardgames. I volunteered to make cake pops for everyone. I learned a few tricks and tips to making cake pops more easy, since I made tons.



1. Use a styrofoam block to hold the pops after dipping. Attempting to hold it in a cup will make it dry and tilt sideways. Not very pretty.
2. Unless your making cake pops in the hundreds, I recommend melting the chocolate in a cup. A cup wide enough to fit the cake balls easily, and deep enough to cover the entire ball. A double boiler could be used, but I would probably be making hundreds for that method.
3. Dip the stick in some chocolate before pushing it into the ball. Allow it to cool in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes. This will make dipping so much more easy!
4. While the cake pop is still wet after dipping, sprinkle on some confetti or sprinkles. If you're slow, the chocolate will dry and the sprinkles won't stick.
5. Leave some dipped cake pops blank. You can change chocolate colors afterwards and drizzle pretty lines all around.
6. Put melted chocolate in a piping bag or parchment paper bag and pipe beautiful designs. This gives you more control on how your cake pops will look if you hate drizzles.
7. I like using high cocoa chocolate. It melts better and dips wayyyy better. White chocolate is hard to work with, in my opinion. I would recommend using candy melts for colors pops not in brown and white.
8. Always shake off excess chocolate after dipping. It will dry better. Otherwise the extra chocolate will drip down the stick while drying.
9. If you have a helper, use her/him. After you dip the pop, hand the stick immediately to them. They can do sprinkles or poke it in the styrofoam for you, allowing you more time to dip more pops before the chocolate dries out.
10. If you don't have a cake pop holder to present your cake pops. Consider using the styrofoam block to carry your pops around. You can wrap the block in gift wrapping paper first. OR use mini cupcake liners and put each pop on a liner in a tray.



I hope these tips and tricks help you make beautiful cake pops!
If you don't know how to make cake pops, here is my previous blog on how to:



10 comments :

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
December 2, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I've never made cake pops before, mostly because it just seems like so much work. Thanks for the tips. Now I think I can actually try to make some.

Jess @ Sugar High said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
December 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I'm so sad I've been missing your blog! You've made some great treats since I last visited. Cake pops are the best! It's so nice that you put together this list, saving the rest of us from having to figure it all out the hard way :)

George J. McGuire said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
March 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
George J. McGuire said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
March 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

This is a fantastic idea example of of not making a kid's food decorative and attractive. Colors are good specially The peachy pink is great.

George J. McGuire
breville 800jexl

Karen R Mendonca said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
April 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Thanks 4 the tips , cud u share how u got the marbled effect on the cake pops

Gwen said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
April 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Hi Karen,
You put two different candy melts in a bowl, swirl it a bit with a toothpick. Then dip your cake pop.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
April 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I can't seem to stop them from dripping - I dip, put in the holder, sprinkle and if i don't put them in the fridge fast, they drip everywhere... and I'm only to get 3 at a time done. What's your trick to such beautiful pops? I'm so frustrated. Is my candy dip too think you think?

Gwen said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
April 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

@Andrea I shake the excess chocolate off. Are you using candy melts? I never had a problem with dripping. After I dip, I hit the stick on the cup's rim a few times to shake the excess chocolate off. It dries pretty quickly, sometimes I don't even put enough sprinkles on them due to quick drying. I don't add oil/shortening to my dip at all. I just melt the candy melts and dip, shake a little, and sprinkle them.

Jenn said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
June 10, 2016 at 5:46 AM

That is a great recipe! It look delicious and beautiful. Thanks for your sharing!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
May 20, 2020 at 12:16 PM

why did you steal my name

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...