Mocha Nut Cookies

I love the combination of chocolate and coffee and these mocha nut cookies contain both chocolate and coffee! It's the perfect pick-me-up, besides tiramisu! =] They also have pecans and hazelnuts in them, which gives them that needed crunchy texture I look for in a nutty cookie!

I've been pretty busy last week, so I couldn't bake as much as I wanted too. But now I'm back, and I chose the perfect pick-me-up cookie to get me started again! You will enjoy these!

Ingredients:
2/3 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tps baking powder
1/8 tps salt
12 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter, cut up
3 large eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 tbs instant coffee granules
1 tps vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over barely simmering water.
Beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale and thick.
Beat in the chocolate mixture, coffee granules, and vanilla.
Mix in the dry flour mixture, pecans, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.
Drop tablespoons of the dough 3 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
Bake until lightly cracked on top, 20 to 25 mins.
Transfer to racks to cool.
Enjoy.


1 comments :

briarrose said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
May 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Such a pretty cookie. Lovely job.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...