By Wendy Korz on |
Have you ever tried the candy/confection Almond Roca or Heath bars? Do you love them? Well if you do, then this buttercrunch toffee will be your new favorite confection. It has almonds, chocolate, and the crunchy buttery toffee. It will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
The best part? You can have this made in less than an hour! Forget about buying the store version ever again!
2 cups sliced almonds
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 Tbs water
1/2 cup butter, unsalted
1 Tbs light corn syrup
1 tps vanilla extract
1/4 tps baking soda
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Toast the almonds for about 8 minutes. Let the almonds cool, then coarsely chop them up.
2. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
3. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the brown sugar, water, butter, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Then let boil undisturbed until the temperature reads between 290 to 300F on a candy thermometer ~ about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the baking soda and vanilla, then pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Immediately sprinkle half the chocolate over the hot mixture. Wait 1-2 minutes for the chocolate to melt.
6. Spread the chocolate evenly over the toffee. Then sprinkle with half the almonds.
7. Let the toffee and chocolate set. You can put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to speed things up.
8. Flip the toffee over. Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave and spread onto the toffee, and sprinkle with the rest of the almonds. Let set again.
9. Break up the pieces using your hands or knife. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This almond chocolate buttercrunch toffee also makes a great gift for the holidays or for that special someone. Just remember that the packaging has to be airtight!